Winnipeg Model Boat Club
NEWS: 2016 BOAT REGATTA
(Check out the Regatta page in the left menu)
We are a small band of model boat builders we build
static models as well as model boats for radio control
~ scale ~ sail ~ steam ~
In 2012 we started to sail at the Assiniboine Park Duck pond in the new Family Centre after an invitation from the park. We welcome anyone with a common interest in building and/or sailing model boats of any scale.
You will usually find a group of us at the Duck Pond
on these days / times;
- SUNDAY MORNINGS 7:30 am – 9:30 am (Depending on Weed Growth)
- WEDNESDAY EVENINGS 7:30 pm – 9:30 pm (Depending on Weed Growth)
- NOTE: Read Pond Regulations Governing the use of Model Boats
Throughout the year we do several static displays;
- Open Doors Winnipeg @ HMCS Chippawa in May
- Battle of the Atlantic service @ HMCS Chippawa in May
- Boat Regatta - Assiniboine Park Duck Pond (Summer)
- Remembrance Day Service @ HMCS Chippawa Nov 11.
- We also do an Open house at Gooches Hobby Shop on Portage Ave.
We do not do gas powered or super fast electric racing boats..
These types are also prohibited at Assiniboine Park Duck Pond
For More Information
Contact Bob @ (204)837-4040 or (204)918-7607